The recent changes

karkooshy
    karkooshy

The recent changes Empty The recent changes

Post by karkooshy Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:45 pm

I have several contentions with what was done in my absence xP. Your’e the owner so it’s up to you to decide how you want the site to look, but the following is my opinion.

The original mockup plan was themed to be a modern, glassy, glossy skin. That's why both navigation bars look the way they do, why the logo looks the same, why the forum icons look that way, and why the layered glass effect was being used throughout the test site. This is also why the glossy 2D renders were a viable option over the 3D ones.

Changing the background tiles to brown and the removal of a lot of the layered glass - in my opinion- goes against the core theme of the skin. It drastically changes the direction we're taking this. And I feel, if you wanted a grungy feel to the whole thing, there were a whole host of other things we could have done. Of course, they can be done now, but it would take scrapping most of everything and "re-imagining" the skin.

There is also extensive usage of box-shadow that I think looks meh on the color it's on. Black shadow on white add little depth, and gives the theme a very blurry look, this is especially the case if no outline is used. Moreover, if you're going for a dent/hole effect, the gradient (from top to bottom) should go dark to light. On the other hand, a protruding object looks better with a gradient going from light to dark. Again I stress, this is all my opinion.

I'm going to need a quick briefing on how you envision TSC to look like so I can continue working on the test site. I would further recommend choosing either a modern look, or a grungy look, not both simultaneously.
    sykog
    sykog

The recent changes Empty Re: The recent changes

Post by sykog Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:57 pm

I changed things up because the forum was too dark and too blue in my opinion. The gradient added some lighter colors, and the brown tiles made it look more like it was part of the background, and caused the rest of the forum to pop out more. I though it was a good idea to add more variety to the theme. I thought the upper nav bar was too big and dont like the way it extends past the forum body. I don't like this theme as much, but it is still pretty good, so if you wanna keep it the way it is now, it's okay.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Post by karkooshy Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Thanks for the input, and I appreciate your opinion, but I'm afraid we're simply too far into the design process at the moment to make any major changes like that. We're just fixing what's broken to get this thing released as soon as possible. We can consider going for a grungy look to the site in the future Smile
    Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content